RE: [OM] Back to Olympus Content

Subject: RE: [OM] Back to Olympus Content
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 00:09:46 -0500

> What did you use as a degreaser?   I thought I would just wipe them
> gently with a Q-tip to lift off the grease.

A Q-tip won't do it. You have to flood the  mechanism with degreaser whilst
working the depth-of-field button to get the grease out. May have to do it
several times, all the while trying to keep splashing off the  front
elements still in place. Not really that hard, but you have to take care.
The degreaser I use is called 'Asahiklin AK-225' and is available from Fargo
Enterprises. You can find it here:
http://www.micro-tools.com/

There may be other stuff that works, I just  don't know of it.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx