Re: [OM] Back to Olympus Content

Subject: Re: [OM] Back to Olympus Content
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 09:25:20 -0400
The name ring usually has to small notches, 180 degrees apart.  Very strong
tweezers can be used here.  Some name rings were made with 1 notch
(really!).   Other rings have no notches.  In this case you use a rubber
ring of appropriate diameter to twist the ring out.
Then unscrew the front element assembly.  Some have 2 notches, some don't
have any.   Then take out the springs, screws and levers.  In some cases you
have to unsnap an E clip (less than 2mm in diameter).
Then take out blades and degrease everything & rebuild.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000