RE: [OM] Back to Olympus Content

Subject: RE: [OM] Back to Olympus Content
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 22:35:33 -0500
> Don't bother unless you plan to make lens repair a sideline
> business. It's a
> PITA and this lens (the Zuiko 50/1.8) is commonly available for $20-$30.

I think the point is that this is a project that interests Frank for its
educational or diversional  value. And I've personally found that it takes
me no more than 15 minutes to make a sticky 1.8 work well again using my
quick & dirty method, so do the math: I've made $20 in 15 minutes. Thats $80
an hour tax free. And, after all, you are making a Zuiko useable again,
however lowly it may  be - surely an endeavour of some honor!

Of course, conversion to a loupe is no dishonorable retirement for a 50/1.8
either...

Chip