Ree: dollars was Re: [OM] Fuji/Nikon digital camera

Subject: Ree: dollars was Re: [OM] Fuji/Nikon digital camera
From: Larry <Halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 20:18:55 -0400
OK. Just to be clear. I don't know what religion Bush sub*scribes to, nor does
the
side fact that a VICE-presidential candidate happens to be jewish, and religious
have anything to do with what I said. That politician's jewishness has
absolutely NO
affect on anyone, or institution that is christian (just because they are
christian,or any other religion), politically or not. Anti-semitism in the
heartland
of this country is simply outrageously overblown and even includes organized
groups
just for the purpose of hating jews, blacks, and non whites, so of course this
guy
gets singled out.

I just pointed out that to be in the vicinity of a public college that openly
was
racist toward blacks, jews, etc, (even so far as to have official rules!) and
not to
immediately make a huge deal of it (he actually didn't see much wrong with it
until
provoked), is simply rediculous.

You wouldn't find the jewish vice-presidential candidate (hypothetically) at a
PUBLIC college run by  a jewish organization,  for example, being publically
racist
towards blacks, or whatever (I've never even heard of such a thing), and stand
idly
by doing nothing about it.

This is way beyond the usual campaign money, false promises, lying crap that all
politicians do (whether caught or not).

Sorry about the tirade, this stuff just gets to me. But you're right Mr. Liles,
politics has no place here. I see what you mean.

Larry