Re: dollars was Re: [OM] Fuji/Nikon digital camera

Subject: Re: dollars was Re: [OM] Fuji/Nikon digital camera
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:57:04 -0600
I'm afraid I've been misunderstood!  (So what *else* is new?!?!)  :-)

And, on 1 Sep 2000, at 7:26, Simon E wrote:

> In that case everyone should give the price converted to the currency of
> each and every list member. Please remember this is not a US-bases list,
> and your currency is just one amongst many.

I'm NOT in the US, Giles and Simon, so US$ is not my native currency.
Yes, my native currency (CDN$ or 'bout US$0.675904) is just one
amongst many that travel in the pockets, wallets and/or purses of
listmembers.

Many (not all) of us non-Yanks readily know the exchange rate between
their native currency and the US$.  Yeah, some of us (including me,
sometimes) *do* get upset by the perceived world dominance of all-
things-American, but such is life I guess.

No, I *wasn't* suggesting that when prices are mentioned in the list the
writer convert it into every currency that might apply to all listmembers.
That would be time-consuming and silly!  I was merely suggesting that
folks *might* (if they wish, if they know, if they remember to, if it's not
too much trouble, etc.) include a US$ equivalent so that folks who aren't
in the US (like me, and others) can quickly and easily estimate what
figure is being batted about.

> Surely it is up to the reader to establish a price in their own
> currency? No offence intended.

No offence taken!  My original message was a suggestion, not a
demand.  Personally, I would find it helpful.  Others might not.  And,
personally I wil* always add an approximate US$ equivalent for the
convenience of those who find it handy, but won't get all bent out of
shape if others don't do the same.

Just my CDN$0.02 (44.1767 Zambia Kwacha) worth!  :-)

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  It's rather cool here, today.  It's only 7 degrees Celcius.  Doesn't
matter, tho, as I have less than 2 kilometers to walk to work.  :-)