[OM] Focusing Screen 1-14

Subject: [OM] Focusing Screen 1-14
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 15:59:33 -0600
I recently looked through the viewfinder of a Ricoh KR-10X (don't worry,
though...  I washed my hands afterward!  <G>), and was impressed with
the ease-of-use of the 45 degree split image focusing screen.

If anybody has an Olympus 1-14 focusing screen that aren't using and
would like to sell, lemme know off-list.  I'd go for the Beattie 82404
(plain) or 82405 (with grid) for the extra brightness (my peepers are
getting weaker... sigh!), but my first-born has grown-up and left the nest,
and is not available for trade!  <G>

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  The focusing screen was *all* that I was impressed 'bout the
Ricoh.  The rest of it felt to light and "flimsy" for my taste.  WAY too
much plastic, IMHO!

Gimme a good-ol' Oly anyday!!!