Re: [OM] Re: [0M] OM-2n thing

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [0M] OM-2n thing
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:06:55 +0000
>The F280 on super FP mode delivers a flash signal for 1/30 second. The
>triggering is a voltage pulse. It does have a quench signal, but I wasn't
>goingto worry about that. Use the FP signal to turn on a voltage signal to
>the F280. Same as FP, the thing lights for 1/30 second. So Super FP flash
>with a 1n.

Flashbulbs differ in their "on" lengths depending on the type of bulb. Also,
the output during this time is very non-uniform, with a slow buildup and
falloff. There are some types of bulbs that will burn for more than a second!
Currently, the Irish firm that is producing the only new manufacture bulbs is
asking if there is enough demand to resume production of the Press 25. I
recommend you visit the site if you have not already.

http://www.meggaflash.com/

Also, the main US dealer for other flashbulbs:

http://www.flashbulbs.com/Default.htm

>I do like your comments regarding bulbs and will look further. It's just an
>expensive way to shoot when most of the first shots will be experiments.

The boxes for the bulbs usually have detailed exposure information.

--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright