Re: [OM] Re: [0M] OM-2n thing

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [0M] OM-2n thing
From: ZuikoholicRI@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:03:18 EDT
In a message dated 08/10/2000 8:41:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The F280 on super FP mode delivers a flash signal for 1/30 second. The
>  triggering is a voltage pulse. It does have a quench signal, but I wasn't
>  goingto worry about that. Use the FP signal to turn on a voltage signal to
>  the F280. Same as FP, the thing lights for 1/30 second. So Super FP flash
>  with a 1n.

I think to do this you'll need a delay circuit. My understanding of FP synch
is that it triggers the bulb a few tens of milliseconds *before* the first
curtain is released, in order to give the bulb a chance to reach full
brightness. If you used straight FP synch to fire the F280 I believe the F280
will be extinguished before the first curtain is released.

I wouldn't think a delay circuit would be that difficult to put together, but
then I don't know much about these things.

Paul Schings