Re: [OM] reflex mirror falling off (OM40/PC Body)

Subject: Re: [OM] reflex mirror falling off (OM40/PC Body)
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 02:19:50 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

> Somewhere in production of the PC they changed the specs on the mirror,
> enlarging it.   When an old style mirror fell out and you wanted to replace
> it, you couldn't just glue a new one in because the glass was now too big
> for the frame.  So, you had to completely disassemble and swap frames.
> While a PC and 4T mirror may look the same, they have different part
> numbers.  It's possible the glass from one will fit the other.
>
> John  Hermanson
> ___________________________________
> Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.

good to know
what would you recommend as a prof service tech man for
a glue that is strong enough so I will not end after some time
with broken mirror glass ? (Maybe any idea if I will get this here in
europe) The body is it worth, as it is in near mint condition,
and used PC bodies are here somewhat hard to find .
If for some reason the glass breaks what will be
the price for a new mirror (for the enlarged mirror ?)

Greetings
        Rudy, Berlin/Germany