Re: [OM] reflex mirror falling off (OM40/PC Body)

Subject: Re: [OM] reflex mirror falling off (OM40/PC Body)
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 20:53:56 -0400
Giles said:
I would think that contact cement would be my primary choice, but if you
want a very strong and tenacious glue you could use a polyurothane
glue...
-------------------
I think I'd stick with John H's advice to use a 5 minute epoxy.  I think
a) the glue should be liquid enough to flow so that it produces
perfectly flat contact points and b) that it takes a while to cure so
that it does have time to flow and also allows you working time to
properly position the glass on the frame.  If the original glue can't be
removed from the frame and/or mirror I think I'd invert the triangle
pattern with the new glue spots but leave the mirror in its original
orientation.

I think the poster said that the original glue pattern was three small
drops in a triangle.  That accords with my experience in mounting small
telescope mirrors... three mounting points.