Re: [OM] Why all the shift lenses for sale?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why all the shift lenses for sale?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:50:02 -0500
Cc: <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dan,

I admit I am selling mine, but not because there is a glut or because it
isn't a fine lens. I just don't use it enough. If you do much architecture
work, I think it would be indispensable. If you don't, and I don't, it's
cool, but a little pricey to just have on your shelf.  I, as everybody
knows, have full shelves, but recently decided that it made more sense to
just owned what I regularly use.  That's why my shift was for sale.

As for using it as a regular prime, no, that's not a good idea. It's not an
automative lens, so you have to manually stop it down, prior to taking the
picture. Not exactly simple or intuitive.  Since a 35/2.8 is relatively
cheap, I'd go that route.

My 2cents

Tom