Re: [OM] Why all the shift lenses for sale?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why all the shift lenses for sale?
From: "Windrim, Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 10:24:53 +0100
John A. Lind wrote:

>> As with Gary Edwards, I am mystified why someone would do aerial work
with
>> a manual stop-down shift lens.  If anyone can shed some light on that it
>> would be welcome!

I'm only guessing, but it might be so that the camera could be
mounted (e.g. on the outside of an open window) pointing straight
down and still see mostly ground instead of fuselage.

This would allow flat perspective for aerial mapping without the need
either to mount the camera under the aircraft or to cut a hole in the
floor.

-Brian