Re: [OM] Thanks to all...

Subject: Re: [OM] Thanks to all...
From: "John Palmer" <john.palmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 21:51:53 +0100
Donald says
> I wonder if OM kit and riding bicycles go together?
> Seem to be a few bikies on this list... :-)

I'm another (or a wannabee bikie at least - even my racer has a triple
chainset)

Up till now I have relied on an Oly AF1 (sorry, no idea what they were
called outside UK - small rectangular grey box, auto-everything, later
than the XAs I think, around 1987) but found the lack of flexibility a
bit frustrating. On a recent cycling weekend I took 4Ti + 35-70/3.6
and 24/2.8 as an experiment. It was reasonably successful. For a
longer trip I might think about adding a small flash (never thought
about a T20 before, but they are "cheap" and plentiful used here) and
maybe a longer lightweight lens like 135/2.8.

BUT.... the last trip was dry weather, and we stayed in civilised
places (i.e. rooms with beds in and plenty of drying space). Next big
cyling trip is likely to be camping in France for 2 weeks. There is no
guarantee of dry weather, and one of the problems with camping is that
once stuff is damp it stays damp for days or weeks.

Would I be subjecting the kit to risk of death by corrosion or fungus
on a trip like that? Any advice on how to nurse it safely through a
potentially rainy fortnight in a tent much appreciated!

Zuikos and velos - unbeatable combo!

John