Re: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?

Subject: Re: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 18:22:50 EDT
lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Of course you can remember your shutter speed
>  setting and then set the aperture to get the matching measured speed.
>  Still not very practical IMO and definitely not something that promotes
>  manual mode to someone learning photography.

Well, we obviously disagree about what's "practical". I think that the
thought required would actually help a beginner. The OM-40 is a much
overlooked camera for a beginner. It still has the "Program" mode for the
times the beginner doesn't trust their brain "on the fly" and "manual" for
the times you can take the time to learn. If we believed it was impractical
to actually LOOK at our cameras while making the exposure decisions, we'd all
be using Nikon F100s wouldn't we?
Just my opinion, no offense taken toward your views, of course!

George S.