Re: Fwd: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?

Subject: Re: Fwd: [OM] What to reccomend: beginners camera?
From: johncw@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:26:59 -0700

Thomas wrote:

>It seems, that quite a number of listees favour the two-digit camreas as
>"learners" over the single-digits (I had specifically OM2n in mind). There
>are mainly two reasons why I originally did not think about the
>10/20/30/40. The first reason is that  the two-digit series was not build
>to be as durable as the one-digit series, hence I assume that they do not
>age as gracefully (to put it more directly: I'd be more afraid that a 2nd
>hand om10/20/30/40 would break, than I'd be that an 1/2/3/4
>would).

I believe the OM -10 was the last "metal" camera for that era. They are
very durable and you can pick one up (working) on eBay w/ 50mm f1.8 lens
for $30.00+. Since it is/was the first consumer camera, it did not have all
the options as it predecessors. OM-G started the plastic round of bodies.
Regardless, your original choices are great. CYA