Re: [OM] More sacrilege

Subject: Re: [OM] More sacrilege
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:18:43 PDT
I wouldn't lament the demise of film just yet. It'll be around pretty much as it is now for our lifetimes. Digital cameras are still a long way from being cost/feature-comparable replacements for good 35mm SLRs. Even after the cost/feature comparability issue has been settled, many of us won't switch until it's no longer cost effective to repair our film cameras. Again, I don't see this happening in my lifetime, despite the rapid advancements in digital technology.

Keep in mind that we're only recently beginning to see on the popular market elements of digital photography that have been available for decades. The most significant changes are in size and price.

And unless meeting deadlines again becomes a necessity to my work (God forbid) I'd have no incentive to switch to digital.
---
Lex
Visit "Vistas Tejas" at http://www.photoscene.com

From: "Donald MacDonald" <donald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Since blasphemy etc is in the air, all this talk of digital and the
dimise of film and photography as we know it....