[OM] First foray into the field with OM-PC

Subject: [OM] First foray into the field with OM-PC
From: WJDuprey@xxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 05:47:58 EDT
OK Lympus Lusters...

Ive taken the OM-PC into the shop for service,re-calibration,new seals,
etc....I get it back next week.  I didn't know that camera shops, the good
ones, had 3-4 week wait time on service.  So heres the package I have: OM-PC,
50 mm/1.8 Zuiko, 70-210 mm/4 Sears Zoom w/' Macro, Vivitar 550 FD flash and
CPC 2X tele-converter.

I have faithfully been reading Hedegoe and others as suggested by many of you
here.  So...I get the camera back...now what?...I know .. I know...go
practice right? OK I say...but do I follow the advice of the books? or do any
of you have suggestions? (what a dumb question huh?...you guys...have
opinions...lol) Seriously though...200 speed, 400 speed, brand of film,
black/white...color...shoot with 50 mm at various f-stops, shutter
speeds....pitfalls...stay away from the zoom for a while...don't forget the
middle range of the zoom...

I know this is an open ended question so perhaps your top 3 points...guys
like Lex, Gary. etc...(don't wanna leave anyone out)...probably have
war/horror stories to share with a newbie like me.

Thanks again all...by the way...does posting to the list often have an impact
on anyone's marriage?  I keep getting hit in the head by flying debris from
my wife telling me to get off the computer...any suggestions on head
protection?

Best,

William Duprey
Ann Arbor, Michigan