[OM] Finally back home!

Subject: [OM] Finally back home!
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 08:45:55 -0500
I thought I'd let everyone know what's happening. Everyone has been so
supportive, and I really appreciate it.

We're back in Austin.  We got home late Saturday.  The pancreas is still
doing it's job and each day gives us hope of it's continued success.  Debbie
is slowly healing from the surgery as it's a quite intrusive operation
(guess I won't post pictures of her 14 inch incision (35 cm for you people
stuck on the metric system).  Debbie's still pretty nauseated, primarily
from the 60+ pills a day she has to take. They'll taper down slowly to a
'maintenance dose' of about 25 that she'll have to take for the rest of her
life.

I can't tell you how life-changing this is for her.  Prior to the surgery,
her diabetes was almost impossible to control and required testing her blood
sugar every hour, 24 hours a day.  We hadn't had a complete nights sleep in
over three years. I can personally attest that sleeping in hour increments
is not particularly healthful.  Now, we can actually sleep through the
night, in fact, Saturday night we went to bed at 7pm and slept 12 straight
hours!

<OM Content> I was able to shoot three rolls while I was up there, just
around the medical complex. I'll get them developed and scanned soon and
share with you all.  I even took a picture of myself in one of those wierd
round mirrors on the ceiling of the hospital floor, only to discover this
technique had already been used in TOPE1, so back to the drawing board.

Thanks again to all.

Tom