Re: [OM] Listee equipment sales and prices (Long & OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Listee equipment sales and prices (Long & OT)
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:27:20 -0500
On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 08:11:39AM -0500, Dave Bulger wrote:
> I'd appreciate feedback from the saner members of the list on this

All I can say is, right on. I paid about $175 for my 24/2.8 off eBay, and
it's not in as nice shape as Dave's...and it was the fourth one I went
after.

In general, I think it's a courtesy to offer stuff to the list first. If you
don't like someone's price, pass, or make a counteroffer if you think it's
appropriate. Don't give the seller a hard time, though; if the price is
really too high, he'll find out soon enough, the hard way. If the item
sells, it can be assumed that two people were happy with the deal, and
that's all that matters.

Now, to see about which wide I'll use for my TOPE 1 entry, now that I've got
stuff moved...