Re: [OM] OM 10 mirror problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 10 mirror problem
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:13:27 +0200
: I've searched the archives for mirror stuck problems, but these all seem
: refer to the mirror in a half-open position.

Try searching for 'oily magnet problem' instead.

There is a paragraph in the online Oly camera repair FAQ
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/camrep.faq.html#ques_O6
that describes how to clean the magnet of the OM-F (30) and OM-G (20).

However, since the OM-10 is not mentioned, my guess is that the removable
floor of the mirror box was an improvement in the OM-20/30 compared to the
OM-10, making cleaning much easier. Maybe someone can confirm this.

If repair costs indeed succeed the value of a OM-10 than an OM-2n in good
condition is a better investment. If you don't need Auto Exposure an OM-1n
or perhaps OM-2000 can also be considered.

hnz