Re: [OM] OM 10 mirror problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 10 mirror problem
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:11:30 -0400
Type 1 OM-10 (below 2,000,000 serial number) have the magnet all the way in
the back, under part of the circuit flex.  Just pull the flex up (without
ripping it or breaking the solder connections on the ceramic board) and
clean the magnet with a good degreaser.  The face of the magnet and matching
platten must be wiped.  Do not spray degreaser into the camera as it will
flush the good oil out of the shutter.

John  Hermanson
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Ln.  Huntington NY 11743-4714