Re: [OM] OM-4T vs. OM-4 as backup body

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T vs. OM-4 as backup body
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 19:26:22 +0200 (CEST)
Do _all_ OM4 come with the drain problem? I have just checked mine (which
has never had any electronics repaired and the battery check doesn't
automatically turn off after 30 sek). According to the logbook (yes, I
know: I'm nuts...but occationally it does come handy to have a logbook
for the camera) I inserted fresh batteries (SR44) into the camera in
november 1998 and have been shooting about 40 films since then. Absolutely
no problems, there still appear to be plenty of battery left.

The absolutely only thing I do to preserve battery life is, that I always
store the camera on the mechanical red "B"-setting - to prevent anything
from unintentional turning on the viewfinder display...

About the same goes for my OM2s/p (which is also rumored elsewhere to ead
batteries for lunch....)

Now, am I just extremely lucky, or have I just somehow failed to tell my
OM4 and my OM2s/p's that they are supposed to have a drain problem?

--thomas