RE: [OM] on ebay

Subject: RE: [OM] on ebay
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 21:25:05 -0500
Boris -

On  eBay,  its  important to look very critically at the description,  and
if an item's  condition is not  explicitly described, then email  the seller
and ask specific questions  about the condition  before you bid. You must
assume nothing!

Another defensive tactic is to  limit yourself to sellers who accept credit
cards  directly (easier  to get a refund), or are willing to use escrow. If
they have extensive good feedback with almost no bad feedback, I have a
higher level of trust.

You have to go into eBay with eyes wide open. The few times I have had a
less than optimal experience were  when 'Lympus Lust'  got the better of me,
and I bid without asking questions first. There is often a very good reason
an item seems to be  going cheaply - other potential  bidders may  already
have asked questions  and not liked the answers they received.

If you received an item  that was  not  as described, you have every  right
to expect a full refund on what you paid, unless the item was listed 'as
is'. If the seller is unwilling to accomodate you, leave appropriate
feedback.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx