Re: [OM] The OM that Olympus never built

Subject: Re: [OM] The OM that Olympus never built
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:25:33 +0100

Frank Ernens schrieb:

> Richard Schaetzl wrote
>
> > The Aria was designed by Japanese like the OM-4.
>
> I was misinformed then. I had thought it was a Porsche
> design.

The original Contax RTS was designed by Ferdinand Alexander Porsche.
He is an individual of the Porsche family and not connected with
the car company Porsche (maybe he owns some stocks)*. He was
(partiall, as technology had allowed) responsible for the shape of
the camera. All technical details were designed by Yashica/Kyocera
engineers like Prof. Dr. Katsuiko Sugaya (lenses were designed by
Zeiss).

> Design is a subjective thing and I'm not going
> to argue about it.

True, I just explained _my_personal_ view (as allways)

Best regards

Richard

*"Not connected..." means he is an independend designer designing frames
for glasses, telephones, lamps, etc. (Porsche Design) and once designed
for the company Porsche the shape of the famous Porsche 911.