Re: [OM] The OM that Olympus never built

Subject: Re: [OM] The OM that Olympus never built
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 00:03:38 +1100
Earlier I wrote about the Contax Aria

> I had thought it was a Porsche design.

and Richard Schaetzl replied

> He [Ferdi Porsche] was ... responsible for the shape of
> the camera. All technical details were designed by ...

I think there's some linguistic confusion going on here. I
meant design in the sense of industrial design, as in Braun
shavers, Alessi kettles and Olivetti Lettera typewriters.
(I have one of those... totally useless but can't bear to junk
it. Lovely sage green.) Stuff that looks and feels good. The
user interface is part of this on the best products.