Re: [OM] Slide films -- a review.

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide films -- a review.
From: "Windrim, Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:30:14 -0000
Emil Pozar wrote:

>> ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> >
>> > Is Fuji Sensia really an amateur Astia???
>>

>> Fuji Sensia is, for all practical purposes an amateur Provia.

The original Sensia was, as you say, a consumer version of the Provia
emulsion, and carried the code "RD" (Provia was "RDP", now "RDP II" and
"RDP III" for Provia-F).

However, the newer Sensia II, which is what's available now, is based
on the Astia emulsion and carries the code "RA" (Astia is "RAP").

Not everyone welcomed the change!

The datasheets for Sensia II and Astia show almost identical charateristics.

If we're very lucky, Sensia III might be a consumer version of Provia-F, but
that won't happen (if at all) until demand for Provia-F slows down.

Unlike Kodak (I believe) the Fuji consumer films are made on the same
process
line as the pro films, and differ only in edge markings and storage/aging.

-Brian