Re: [OM] Slide films -- a review.

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide films -- a review.
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:40:21 EST
Is Fuji Sensia really an amateur Astia???

Alex

sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Alex wrote:

 >    7) Fuji Astia -- Tried some in the hope that it might look like an E6
 >                    Kodachrome. It doesn't! Contrast too flat and pallid for
 >                    me. Seems a niche "catalog photography" film.

 This translates for me as being able to cope better with high contrast
 scenes. Velvia, and to some extent Provia, both lose shadow detail too
 easily for my liking. Having said that, I've not noticed a huge difference
 between Provia and Astia (or the amateur version of the latter, Sensia).

 Simon E.