Re: [OM] Trip 35 flash

Subject: Re: [OM] Trip 35 flash
From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Mar 2000 08:15:01 +1000
Robert Depriest <Robert@xxxxxxxxx> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake
thusly:

> Everyone,
>
> I was recently given a Trip 35 (circa 1976 chrome and black) along with a
> flash unit.  However, I have no info on the camera, specifically how the
> flash operates.  The flash has a wire protruding from it which seems to fit
> into the light sensor on the front of the camera.

That's not a light sensor, it's the flash sync connector.

The Trip35 has a hot shoe, so fit the wire back into its keeper on the
flash, and fire the camera (hopefully triggering the flash using the
shoe contacts).

The Trip35 will work with manual or non-TTL-auto flash.  You set the
aperture on the trip35 to that recommended by the calculator dial on
the flash.   For manual flashes, aperture depends on distance and film
speed, for auto flashes, on film speed only.

The shutter speed will be 1/40 second in manual mode (although the
camera will override and stop down and/or change to 1/200 if the
ambient light is too bright for the chosen aperture).

> flash unit causes the unit to charge up, with a red light appearing on the
> back of the flash, I guess to indicate it is ready to work.  However,
> releasing the shutter does not cause the flash to go off.  There is also a

Use a paperclip to short the "pin" of the flash connector to the
"barrel".  The flash should fire.    If it doesn't, it's borken.

cjb.

--
| Christopher J.  Biggs | EMAIL: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PGP and MIME OK)  |
| R&D Software Engineer | PHONE: +61 7 3270-4266  FAX: +61 7 3270-4245   |