Re: [OM] Slide films -- a review.

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide films -- a review.
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:59:38 -0600
><< I'd still kill for a good ISO 200 slide film...>>
>    Have you tried Fuji Provia F pushed to 200?

I haven't had an opportunity yet to shoot Provia F, but I have successfully
pushed Fujichrome-100, Provia and Sensia to 200 with excellent, but grainy
results.  However, there is always the need to pay extra for the push
processing and the hassles of marking and keeping separate the pushed
rolls.  Besides, what do you do about 400?  Ektachrome 400 (and varients)
are pretty worthless.  I've had better results pushing Provia to 400 than
shooting any Chrome-400 film, but the two stop push can get pretty brutal
with both tonal accuracies and cost.  The new Fuji MS100/1000 film is a
fantastic option, but way too expensive as, again, you are paying for
special processing to get the higher speeds.

I have read/heard that Provia F does push well to 200 and that many
wildlife photogs are pretty well settled on it this year.  Maybe a few
hundred rolls of Provia F will be needed to break in that fancy 350/2.8
with 1.4x teleconverter I NEED to buy.

Ken Norton