Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 16:51:30 -0600
Buddy, I'm confused.  I'm particularly surprised by your hostility.  I
posted several weeks ago that I'd stop telling people when my new toys came
in.  I received many, many replies, both on the list and off that people
enjoyed the posts.  Even so, I slowed down a little, but decided that since
the mail was running so positively towards posting, I would.  If I'm
violating a list policy, I'll certainly stop, I want to be a friendly
participant to the list.  I'm not a dealer, just a collector and user of OM
equipment, for 24 years. I can assure you, with what I've purchased versus
what I've sold, I'm in the hole by quite a bit, but have enjoyed adding to
my collection. If I had a profit motive, I'm sure bad at it.

 The friendly jabs at my purchases certainly seemed to be in the
light-hearted spirit of fun. I didn't get a sense that the list was annoyed
by me, if so, I'll peacefully unsubscribe, or at least become a lurker that
never posts.

I also have been told, more than once, by list members, that if I have items
to sell, offer them to the list first.  I could actually gain more by
putting them on ebay, but honered that request the other night and posted
what I was going to sell.

So, I'm confused.  Did I violate list etiquette? I'd love to hear everyone's
opinions, but, off-list please, as I don't want to bore the list with this
conversation.

Buddy, if you have something to say to me, please feel free to email me
privately. I'm not the type to get into a flame war on the list (or off),
but I do appreciate conversations that are done in a polite, even handed
way. I don't respond well to hostility.

To the rest of the list, I apologize sincerely for this conversation coming
on to the list, but felt that I needed to publicly reply, if for no other
reason to ensure that I am not disturbing the list.  From now on, I guess
you'll all see the things that I'm selling on ebay, as I doubt I'll ever
post another item for sale here. Not worth it. Please also let me know
privately if you would prefer that I was no longer a member of the list.
I'll honor the general opinions of listmembers.

Again, I'm sincerely sorry if I have offended anyone, in anyway.

Please respond to tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

Tom