Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 23:45:20 -0500
Charles Loeven wrote:

> He is also offering list members a chance to buy OM stuff
> that we may not otherwise get our hands on.

Good point.  Here's the bottom line:  Tom is buying collections of
fairly exotic stuff from those not using them and putting it in the
hands of those who are.  This is good for the OM user community.

>From the tone of Buddy's reply it seems he's taking some offense at the
profit Tom might realize on individual items.  Well, earning a profit on
one's labor is what gets me and most others out of bed in the morning.
Even so, it's obvious Tom's in it _for the love of the stuff_ and not to
make money.

Morgan Sparks