Re: [OM] Repair Service woes - please advise

Subject: Re: [OM] Repair Service woes - please advise
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:10:01 -0700
At 06:42 PM 2/24/00 +0100, Marko Vrabec (Kamnik, Slovenia) wrote:

[snip]

>What I would like to ask you is, what do you think of the "service" I
>got? What would likely happen in your country in such a case? Am I
>entitled to expect either a replacement of damaged lens elements or a
>new, undamaged lens in exchange? The glass was in mint condition before
>(save for the suspected fungus).

Marko:

In Canada, such a level of service is considered incompetent.  At minimum, you
should be able to demand monetary compensation.  Usually, such idiocy results
in the company having to replace the product with an example at least as good
as the one you originally brought to them -- if no used items exist, a new one
is supplied.  If neither a used nor new one exists, monetary compensation.
Don't settle for less, and if being polite doesn't get you anywhere, get
obnoxious.  Fast.

Good luck!

Garth