Re: [OM] Questions for the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions for the group
From: "Gettis John" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 07:52:25 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2000 6:58 AM

> What? Olympus getting heavy?  I notice you have two 50's listed.  Since
> speed isn't often a factor for me (sharpness and contrast are), is there
> any advantage in having the 1.4?  I already have the 1.8.  For
> landscape/nature photography, wouldn't an f3/5 macro make more sense if I
> were to have two 50's?
> John

Yes I wound up with 2 50mm lenses actuall have 3 as I have a older 50 1.4
that is a SC.  I bought the 1.8 at a pawn shop and the 1.4 on E-Bay.  I
would like to have a 50 2.0 macro but that is not in the budget at the
moment.  And yes even Olympus equipment gets heavy as with all this and the
other stuff that is in my case it weighs 50+ pounds.  John Gettis