Re: [OM] Questions for the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions for the group
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 10:32:30 EST
In a message dated 1/23/00 6:20:23 AM Central Standard Time, denton@xxxxxxxx
writes:

> At 09:16 PM 1/22/00 -0600, you wrote:
>  >I'd be very interested in the opinions of this group on what a 'complete
>  >setup' of lenses would be. I realize everyone's situation is quite
>  >different, but I'd like to be prepared for almost anything.  I mostly
shoot
>  >kids sports, so that is a defining need for me.  For example, the 75-150
>  >length seems nice, but I'm getting confused on the different versions.  I'
> ve
>  >read everything I can find online, but am still confused.
>
>  The first lens I would add to your zoom for shooting sports would be the
>  300 4.5.

>  Regards,
>  Denton Taylor

I agree with Denton. I shoot youth track and field and softball. The lenses
I've used the most are the 300F4.5, 180F2.8, and a 24mm for dugout shots. A
300 F2.8 would be great, but the 300F4.5 works well. If you go with a 75-300
type of zoom, bring fast print film. Fuji's 800 speed works great and if the
events you are shooting are daytime and outdoors, you'll get fairly fast
shutter speeds. You can usually get fairly close with youth sports so you
won't need a 600F4.0! Gary Faulkenberry