Re: [OM] Questions for the group

Subject: Re: [OM] Questions for the group
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:33:57 -0500

Garth Wood wrote:

> On my last trip to Europe, I forced myself to take one body (an OM-4) and
> three Zuikos: a 21/2.0, 28/2.0 and 100/2.0.  I thought I'd miss all the extra
> kit, but in fact it was quite liberating (not to mention *much* lighter and
> easier to pack into my carry-on).  I'd really forgotten just how much I like
> my 28/2.0, for example.  I intend to continue taking just pieces of my kit,
> rather than every bloody thing I own.  ;-)

I know just what you mean, Garth.  As I wrote in some other context the other
day, I did my best work over a twenty year period with a Leica M2 and three
Summicrons: 35, 50, and 90.  And I never felt deprived.  You just take a few
steps closer or a step or two back.  Your body becomes the zoom--unless you're
standing on a cliff.  It  _is_   liberating.  Actually, I'll probably never own
all those lenses I mentioned.  John