[OM] OM4 Damage Question

Subject: [OM] OM4 Damage Question
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 21:38:39 -0800
Hi Mike:

If no picture of the damaged OM-4 is forthcoming, you are welcome to
share the name of the seller with us.  We've black-listed a number of
eBay and Internet classified ad sellers as bad apples in times past.

I won a 35mm f/2 lens hood today, which I though would make a nice
addition to a hoodless lens I am selling.  I forgot to read the fine
print on shipping. It's $8.00 for a $6.50 hood!  My fault, I know.  But,
hum, in a bubble envelope it only weights 0.75 oz!  I simply sent them
$6.50, plus a self-addressed, stamped bubble envelope.  They hold for
"clearance" USPS Postal Money Orders and only ship USPS on Fridays.  Lot
of good that will do me in my effort to quickly supply a hood with a
lens . . .  I told them to pocket the money if they insist on an extra
$8.00  No wonder no one bid higher.  As far as I am concerned, if a
seller is going to cover time and labor, do so with an adequate reserve
or opening bid amount - don't hit up every buyer with the same shipping
and handling charge a $200 camera buyer pays.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV