Re: [OM] OM4 Damage Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 Damage Question
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:53:50 +0000
At 15:37 1/19/00 , Paul Wallich wrote:
>For this particular case it's the "prism cracked in two" line that makes
>me particularly suspicious -- I've seen some large solid hunks of glass
>broken under impact, and that's an unlikely mode.

Yes, you're right about any distance beyond the point of impact as long as
it can give some (not completely rigid).  I will readily concede the extent
of damage claimed, while theoretically possible, is unlikely.  Leaves me
with some doubt about its credibility.  Murphy's Law would have had to be
operating at the edge of its performance envelope.

-- John