RE: [OM] Got me a free Zuiko 75-150 yesterday!

Subject: RE: [OM] Got me a free Zuiko 75-150 yesterday!
From: "Donald MacDonald" <donald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:47:22 -0000
I have to agree with Philip: I got my OM1n way back with a 50/1.8, added a
28/3.5 and then the 75-150/4. The first example had to go back because of
loose bits inside, resulting in focus not holding through the zoom, but the
second example has been a faithful servant for longer than I want to think
about now.

On mountain trips I use an off-brand 28-70 and the 75-150, the speed is
largely irrelevant in the great outdoors for the kind of shots I'm after.
The 50 is usually there for the odd shot of details in the forest or the
like. I didn't realise it was a two-touch until I read about it somewhere;
it never made much difference to me. I rather prefer to do things in a set
order; these push-pull modern efforts will never last the pace :-).

Mind you, I'm currently having a love affair with an 85/2, who knows how
long that will last?

Donald.