[OM] Got me a free Zuiko 75-150 yesterday!

Subject: [OM] Got me a free Zuiko 75-150 yesterday!
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:36:53 -0800
Peter and others,

I've had the 75-150 zoom for many years. I bought it new way back then.
It was my first Zuiko lens after the 50/1.8 which came with the body.
To be honest I think it was the best damn 35mm format studio portrait
lens I have ever used.  I'm sure because of their manufacture date that
they were probably discontinued before multi coating. However this does
not seem to matter under very even studio lightning.  Maybe it's
contrast is a little weak for copy work or detailed color product work,
but it's perfect for quality portrait work. It has extremely fine
resolution and sharpness, so the detail is there in the face (every eye
lash) but it does not bring attention to slight skin coloration &
gradations on the human face.  Also a mediocre make up job is not to too
evident because of the very moderate contrast. A perfect studio portrait
lens. I don't know why so many have dissed this lens. At its
introduction date it was considered the sharpest 35mm format zoom lens
made.  It changed many 35mm photographers opinon of medium tele zooms.
Up until then most just sucked. What do others think of this?  BTW there
will be some portraits I shot with this lens up on the Official
UnOffical Olympus Gallery as soon as Garth updates the site.

Phillip Franklin