Re: [OM] help!OM2 flash sync problem

Subject: Re: [OM] help!OM2 flash sync problem
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:55:10 -0500
Hope it works out okay.

John
________________________________
Closed 12/20 through 12/31/1999
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South La.  Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000
----- Original Message -----
From: Vincent E. Arnold <vea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 1999 12:07 AM

> ----------
> > Does B work properly?  If the timing has been lost between shutter speed
> > dial and gear (the ring is on 30 but gear position is at 60) then all
manual
> > speeds will be off by 1 stop.
> > If you are trying TTL flash and needle must be at 30 for flash to fire,
then
> > it is possible only needle position is wrong.
> >
> > John
>  Yes, B works properly, and all the speeds seem close to what they should
be at. I compared them to my OM1, fired simultaneously with a jury rigged
double cable, and also by looking thru the back at at TV screen and noting
the widths of the bands. I also compared the prism cell readings to the OTF
readings, and they end up with the same results. After some reading of the
manuals, if I understand it correctly, tje OM2 has a cutoff circuit that
disconnects the flash circuit if the speed exceeds 1/60th by any
amount.(IE - 1/65 ). So I assume the speeds may be out by a small amount.

>   The vendor has taken the camera to his repair guy, and is going to
repair/CLA at his cost .(Bonus!!) . This package was traded in by a local
doctor whose eyesight was getting poor.