[OM] OM4 Viewfinder Problem

Subject: [OM] OM4 Viewfinder Problem
From: Gilbs <gilbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:52:44 +0000
Hi Zuiks

Can anyone advise me on a problem I have with my OM4 Viewfinder?  After a
drunken family night out celebrating my Mum passing her MA, parts of the
viewfinder image are out of focus, as if the elements have become dislodged.
Is this a major repair? Is it expensive?  As it needs fixing I was considering
having OM4Ti circuits put in as well, to cure the battery drain problem.  I
know roughly the cost of this, has anyone had it done?  I know this is more
than the camera is actually worth, perhaps buying a good 4Ti is the answer.
Like the new one I came across recently at Larnaca Airport duty free shop,
(Cyprus) for £750UK, with 50mm/F1.8 lens.  That normally costs £1200UK here!  I
nearly bought it, but my wife caught me!  What would it cost you folks in the
USA?

Anyway, I digress, but to finish I must say how much I'm enjoying using my
backup OM1.  Takes me back to my teens....

Andy Gilbert
Exeter
Devon
England