Re: [OM] So much for that summer holiday..

Subject: Re: [OM] So much for that summer holiday..
From: Dylan Sutton <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:58:42 +1100
>Date: 13 Dec 1999 15:32:15 +1000
>From: Christopher Biggs <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] So much for that summer holiday...
>
>Greetings, all.
>
>Two weeks ago I broke my leg in 3 places.  After waiting 50 hours for
>"emergency" surgery (our so-called public health system), I've spent 2
>weeks on my back, and will be on crutches for 3 months.

That's terrible Chris, I hope your camera wasn't damaged OK <g>. Seriously,
I'm used to the thought of long waiting times to get to the hospital, but
having to wait 50 hours while you're already there is a disgrace. I hope
you at least got some good drugs! Once you get used to them, crutches
actually aren't so bad...they do wonders for your upper body strength, and
you can use one as a lens support too. I smashed the knuckle of my big toe
at the work christmas party last year (barefoot football), and two days
later did a 10 km hike on the crutches. The worst thing about this was that
I again had bare feet, and got blisters on the sole of my 'good' foot...boy
was that dumb! I know a broken toe doesn't compare to a mangled leg, but
there is still hope for you. If your doctor is telling you you're going to
have no life for the next three months, you need a new doctor!

>Looks like my entry for the next online exhibit will be a picture of
>the ceiling.

I saw a 90 degree angle adapter at my local camera store, would you like me
to check the price? <g>

>Season's greetings to all, and let's be careful out there...

Thanks for the warning, and all the best for a speedy recovery, and seasons
greetings.
Dylan