[OM] the future of film

Subject: [OM] the future of film
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:28:41 Set the time zone in the Time preference utility
With all this worry about the future of the OM system, I just read an
article on the photodo web site about the environmental crack down on
photo processing chemicals. The article is specific mostly to Sweden,
but I'm sure this is going to spread. I know in the USA already that
the EPA has regulations for photo chemicals. I don't know all the
details, but I think large operations here in the US are required to
have silver recovery systems at least.

I also know that home darkrooms are rapidly becoming a thing of the
past. The latest Calumet catalog has zero enlargers and other darkroom
gear. Do they have a separate catalog for that stuff? B+H has only 2
pages out of over a 100 for darkroom gear.

So, forget about the future of the OM system. The cameras may outlast
the film industry. Digital may become the only practical alternative!

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright