Re: [OM] 50/3.5 Macro for portraits?!?

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/3.5 Macro for portraits?!?
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:38:14 +0000
> Anybody else here use the 50/3.5 macro primarily as a portrait lens?  I've
> been getting great results, sometimes very, very close.

I've had plenty of (IMO) successful shots with 50/1.8.  While it's not the
same lens as the 3.5, I love the images taken at this focal length. There
are some head&shoulder portraits, and some slightly wider, on my web site:
http://www.mawddwy.freeserve.co.uk/jason.htm
http://www.mawddwy.freeserve.co.uk/trev.htm
http://www.mawddwy.freeserve.co.uk/link2.htm
http://www.mawddwy.freeserve.co.uk/ellen.htm

I have no knowledge of the 50/3.5's bokeh. I suggest you go and take some
photos with it, at various apertures and distances, and see whether you
like the results. Don't take someone else's opinion as gospel - YMMV (and
it often does).

Simon E.