Re: [OM] om4 vs om4t - justifiable price difference?

Subject: Re: [OM] om4 vs om4t - justifiable price difference?
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:12:25 +1000
Wayne Shumaker wrote:

> As an engineer with the job of reducing current
> drain, slowing the duty cycle would be my first choice followed by
> minimizing functions that need to be turned on, and adding a timeout
> timer.

Well, I'm *not* an electronics engineer, but *my* first choice would
be a @#$0n/off switch. And timeouts drive me crazy... wait for
the moment, not yet, not yet, almost... it's turned itself OFF.

BTW, I was foolish enough to forget to remove the batteries from
my OM-4. The camera lives in my bedroom closet, and it woke me
up at 3am one night with an awful screeching. It seems this is what
it does when the batteries die. Any suggestions for a name for
this... the "screech of death", perhaps?