[OM] om4 vs om4t - justifiable price difference?

Subject: [OM] om4 vs om4t - justifiable price difference?
From: Chris C <yj.canavos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 01:30:33 -0400
it seems as though most list members believe that the om4t is the better
buy.  I looked at the reasons given for this and most were based on the
reasoning that if you're going to spend the money might as well go the
extra mile.  The problem is that the extra mile, here in Canada, is
upwards of $500. A om4 in good condition with a year warrenty might sell
for $600 where a om4t in good condition, with the same warrenty (just
looked at one today) is selling for $1100.  They also had other 4ts that
were in dismal visual condition selling for $600.  So you see my
dilemma, is the 4t actually worth the extra $500?  With the money I was
going to save on the plain 4 I planned to also buy a omPC and/or a motor
drive for my om-1 and my soon to be new om4.
        Do the om4's have a high failure rate and do the majority of them eat
batteries or begin to eat batteries after a given time period?  From
what I have read and seen posted about the f280 flash, i do not believe
that the faster sync speeds are worth the extra cash.  Most people seem
frustrated with this combination (but I may be wrong).
Do the above facts change any of the previous opinions or is th 4t still
the way to go and if so why?