Re: [OM] om4 vs om4t - justifiable price difference?

Subject: Re: [OM] om4 vs om4t - justifiable price difference?
From: "Glen Lowry" <lowry@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:12:55 -0700
I know what you mean about the huge price difference between used 4s and 4ts
here in Canada.

I'm seriously thinking about going after a new 4t (or possibly a 3t) rather
than going through the hassle of waiting for the perfect used one to come
along at the right price.  Currently I'm using an OM4.  The more I use the
camera, the more comfortable I am becoming w/ the metering, and the more I
like it.  The problem is with the battery consumption.  Even though I
usually remember to put my camera away with it set on B/60, I'm still only
getting a few months out of a set of batteries.  Admittedly my camera sees
almost daily use.  I'm getting frustrated at the batteries dying at
precisely the wrong moment.

If I could afford to replace my lenses, I would "jump ship" and get a Leica
(probably M6).  This is not flame bait.  It is simply that I do most of my
shooting in available light/dark w/ the standard 28/35/50/85 set up.
Granted it is nice to be able to grab my longer and shorter lens on
occasion.  And I certainly won't give up my OM system quickly.

Some thoughts
Glen