Re: [OM] 200/f4 vs. 180/f2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] 200/f4 vs. 180/f2.8
From: Steven_Read@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:44:48 -0400

To:       olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:
From:     Steven Read/CAM/Lotus @ NOTES@ALPHABETA
Date:     10/13/99 11:44:48 AM

Purely subjectively, the 180/2.8 is a marvel, it's bright, it's fast, easy to
focus, images are crisp, the color balance leads to drop dead gorgeous images.
It's also pretty darn big for a Zuiko, takes 72mm filters/caps et al and is 3 to
4 times more expensive.  It's also, IMHO, comparitively worth the price.  The
200/4 is smaller, but not at all loved by me, I much prefer it's cousin the
200/5 which seems to have better contrast than the 200/4 and isn't much slower.

* * * Previous Memo History * * *

From:  Leopoldo Sánchez Rodríguez <leopoldo.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> @ ALPHABETA

Hi you Zuiko's owner!

I'd like to bring up another topic here, hoping that it won't be and old subject
fully discussed when I wasn't here.
How does the 200/f4 stand a comparison with the 180/f2.8 in terms of overall
performance?

Thanks,

Leopoldo