[OM] 200/f4 vs. 180/f2.8

Subject: [OM] 200/f4 vs. 180/f2.8
From: "Paul Van Gossum" <paul.vangossum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:57:41 +0200
Hello Leopoldo,

the 180 is great to work with, but the results are poor: when there is a high
contrast on a photo (eg a bright background) you will see a blue coma around
the edges of the bright part of the picture (eg the mountaintop). The 180 is
the only Zuiko I ever sold, I like my 85-250 much better (it's slower, but the
quality of the pictures is better). If you do not use the 180 with diaphragms
2.8, 4 or 5.6 it will be acceptable, but why would you them buy such an
expensive lens?

Regards,
Paul.

P.S Check the archives, you'll find more interesting mails about this lens.