Re: [OM] Oly Shutter Speed Control

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly Shutter Speed Control
From: Dirk and Carla Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:01:11 -0500
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 1:39 PM -0700 8/28/99, Winsor Crosby wrote:
>Does anyone know why the Oly shutter speed control was designed to be a
>ring around the lens rather than a dial somewhere else?  It has always
>seemed an awkward feature of an otherwise perfect camera.  It almost kept
>me from buying one. Does it save some great amount of space inside the
>thorough stuffed innards of the OM camera to do it that way?

It was this feature that compelled me to keep my OM-1 that I got for about
20$. Both the aperture and speed can be adjusted easily and quickly with
the same hand while the other works the film winder and shutter release. It
should be noted that Hasselblad uses the same arrangement.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright